11:14 a.m. - 2005-12-22
1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider? Hot C all the way. I canít stand the other.
2. Turkey or Ham? Turkey. For us ham is for Easter.
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree? Real, but fake is beginning to look easier and cheaper in the long haul.
4. Decorations on the outside of your house? We have a string of red and green lights across the front. After that T ran out of energy to do the rest of the porch this year.
5. Snowball fights or sleddin'? Neither, we donít get snow (much), but if I had to chose it would be skating. (Ok, I know that wasnít a choice, but so-what!)
7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping? Absolutely NOT!
8. Favourite Christmas song? Canít think of the title, but itís sung from Maryís perspective.
10. How do you feel about Christmas movies? I have two must watches Ė White Christmas (Danny Kaye, and Bing Crosby) and the 70ís version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
11. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music? Anytime before December 1st.
12. Stockings before or after presents? Before! We can hardly wait.
13. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them? We havenít had any this year, but if they show up weíd be polite and not boo them off.
14. Go to someone else's house or they come to you? Itís always been important to me to wake up wherever it is that Iím going to spend Christmas day. Since getting married 3 years ago Ė that hasnít been an option - until this year. Yay!! Weíre going to wake up with my family!!!!!
15. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when? No.
16. What do you do after presents and dinner? Games, Games, Games, unless there is still daylight. If daylight is still visible Ė a walk is in order.
17. What is your favourite holiday smell? Candles
18. Ice skating or walking around the mall? Again, because weíre on the west coast outdoor ďskatingĒ is not an option. And I only venture into the malls after 6pm, if at all.
19. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day? Over the last few years weíve worked at or attended Christmas Eve Service, but Christmas morning has always been present time.
20. Favourite Christmas memory? When I was around 8 or 9, I was pretty sure I heard Santa coming down the hall to check on me to see if I was still awake. I was scarred, and beat a hasty retreat to the bottom of my bedcovers.
21. Favourite Part about winter? March 21st, the eve of spring.
22. Ever been kissed under mistletoe? Ask me no questions, Iíll tell you no lies.
23. Tag Ė I wonít play tag because itís so close to Christmas, but if any of your havenít done this one Ė please do so and tell me. That way Iíll check out what kind of Christmas stuff youíve got in your stocking!