3:53 p.m. - 2006-12-15
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I like both but at this time of the year I love a good Ďnog!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa leaves lovely little things, and fun things in our stocking, and occasionally Ė if a prezzie doesnít fit in the stocking heíll leave something wrapped under the tree. The funny thing is Ė we donít have any little kids in our house. How does Santa do that?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Coloured generally.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but not because I donít like itís effects.
6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? How about Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, dinner rolls, whatever vegetable is before me, and pretty much anything else served. Iím not picky Ė I love Christmas dinner. That is, with the exception of the one year my brother chose to serve Salmon instead of turkey. I DONíT DO SALMON!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: What comes to my mind first (of many small child Christmas memories) is the year that I thought I heard Santa coming down the hall. It was very late at night and I should have been asleep hours before. Quite literally Ė not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Everyone was in bed, when what in my wondering ears did I hear, but definite footsteps coming down the hall quite near. I was very afraid that Santa would find me awake and be displeased. I hid under my covers until the sound passed, and promptly fell back asleep.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Never! Itís definitely a Christmas morning delight!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? No special way. And for the most part, itís an event that has been taken over by my husband. Iíve never been keen on decorating at all, but I will assist him in the task if he wants the help.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Dread it! Thatís why I live on the west coast.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with special people.
15. What is your favourite holiday dessert? I donít have any Ďoneí favourite. By the time Iíve finished eating the main course, Iím generally to full for any toppers like desert. However, late night nibbling is an all time faví.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Stockings. Silly as it seems, it gives me great pleasure putting together my husbands stockings. Stockings have always been and will remain a steadfast tradition for my family.
17. What tops your tree? An Angel.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I must admit ĖI like being on both sides.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I donít have one. Some Ö. I never want to hear again. But most are just fine. I am NOT one to crank the Christmas tunes starting December 1st. Boy, Iím beggining to sound like a Scrooge arenít I?
20. Candy canes: No thank you.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas with Danny Kaye, Bing Crosby and June Allison. My Christmas is not complete without it. I donít own it, but itís not a hint that my husband is picking up on. Silly Boy!